Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have been working on this project that has me looking at a lot of photography of the male nude.
I have galleries sending me photos now and the selections people make are so interesting. I am seeing so many images that look like well composed snap shots, and it has me thinking about my photography. I think because that is so far away from what I do. Its hard for me to impose a story onto my images or to take pictures that have that built in. I guess that is what makes my work mine, and maybe why I do it. I tend to build these settings and photograph the body in them. No story other then the truth of exactly what is in front of me. I think it matches my personality, and other activities that interest me, like doing yoga and massage. They are both so real. So much about being in the moment, being connected with the energy of that specific time and working with it. This set of images is from a series I did called CIRCUS, I think it was an attempt to add a story line into the images that ended up adding colors and shapes but no story other then where is this crazy place this model is shot in. Maybe that's a start....... Possibly if I went with a model to the circus and photographed it it would be something new.....




No comments: