Monday, May 10, 2010

I am going further back with this shoot to 2005, back to the studio I shared with the painter, Back to the black back drop and back to the classic figure. I went to the park yesterday that runs along the Hudson river in New Jersey. It was low tide and is always a great place to find drift wood. I love drift wood! Aged pieces of things smoothed and polished by the ocean. God learned something from drift wood when designing the human body, Its shapes and subtle curves look like wood that has been sculpted by the sea. At this park there is one area of walk way that has, or had; drift wood tends to not stick around long, an amazing huge entire side of a wooden ship lying on the walk way. It was like a stage, 40 feet long by 18 feet wide, washed ashore by the tides. Photographs can be like drift wood. Images that float around and every so often surface. All my shoots are like this, each time I look back different images float to the surface for me to collect.





No comments: