Monday, May 24, 2010

Things are shifting as they do and a new adventure is starting for me in the world of painting. It has been close to 15 years since I had a deep interest to paint and now a drawing project that I have been working on for the past 2 years has shifted to its next step.... PAINTING. I am very excited, and feel I had an evolution in my approach to art and art making over the last few days. The beautiful thing was that it had to do with the blending of all aspects of my life. Working out, looking at art in galleries ( The late works of Claude Monet, at Gagosian) doing Yoga and massage, and a passage I read in the Yoga Sutras, 45:SAMADHI SIDDHIR ISVARAPRANIDHANAT. In hour 5 of massage on Saturday everything blended and I was able to see clearly in front of me what to do.
I looked back and found theses images I shot because they were done when painting was trying to surface about 1 year ago. It has tried over the past 12 years to come back in but has not succeeded. I think this time its around for a wile.




No comments: